Many Christian still haven’t find a true answer to what being a holy person means.
In this post I’ll explain, who a holy person is, how to become a holy person, and advantages of being holy.
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness,
without which no man shall see the Lord” – Hebrews 12:14.
The greatest desire of every child of God should be to see the Lord. God is not interested in hiding Himself from us.
However, He will not force Himself on us. In Isaiah 65:1, God said, “am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not. I said, behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.”
As children of God, we must know that holiness is a prerequisite to see the Lord.
WHAT IS HOLINESS?
Holiness is a state of being pure, blameless, sanctified, consecrated, sacred and totally separated from worldly things.
Who IS A HOLY PERSON/( MAN OR WOMAN)
1. A holy person will endeavour to shun every known sin and keep every known commandment of God.
He will be intentional or determined to be one with God, have a desire to do His will, have a greater fear of displeasing Him than of displeasing the world, and love to keep His ways.
2. He will feel what Paul felt when he said, “For delight in the law of God after the inward man” (Romans 7:22). and what David felt when he said, “Therefore / esteem all Thy precepts concerning all things to be right, and/hate every false way” (Psalm 119:128).
3. A holy person will strive to be like our Lord Jesus Christ.
He will not only live the life of faith in Him and draw from Him all his daily peace and strength, but he will also labour to have the mind that was in Him, and to be “conformed to His image” – Romans 8:29.
4. A holy person will manifest the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance – Galatians 5:22-23.
5. He will bear much, forbear much, overlook much, and be slow to talk of claiming his rights.
We see an example of this in the behaviour of David when Shimei cursed him; and Moses when Aaron and Miriam spoke against him-2 Samuel 16:10; Numbers 12:3.
6. He will labour to mortify the desires of his body; crucify his flesh with the affections and lusts: curb his passions; restrain his carnal inclinations, lest at anytime, they break loose.
The Lord Jesus Christ warned against such when He said to the Apostles,
“And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfering and drunkenness, and cares of this life” (Luke 21:34); and that of the Apostle Paul,
“But i keep under my body, and bring it into subjection, lest that by any means when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway” (1Corinthians 9:27).
7. A holy person will manifest charity and brotherly kindness -2 Peter 1:7; Romans 12:10.
8. He will endeavour to observe the golden rule of doing as he would have men do to him, and speaking as he would have men speak to him – Matthew 7:12.
9. He will be full of affection towards his brethren, the property, their characters, their feelings, their souls “He that loveth another, says Paul, hath Fulfilled the law” (Romans 13:8).
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF HOLY MEN
1. Stephen: He was full of the Holy Ghost. He saw the glory of God as the heaven opened unto him. He
preached the word of God with boldness. – Acts 7:54.
2. Abraham: He was willing to offer his best, Isaac his only child, to God. He was a man of faith who walked with
God -Genesis 22: Isaiah 41:8.
3. Daniel: He separated himself from the unclean and unholy by purposing in his heart not to defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat or with the wine which they drank. He refused to bow on the altar of the strange god – Daniel 1:7-15.
4. Isaiah: God cleansed his unclean lips with the live coal which was taken from the altar in heaven – Isaiah 6:1-8.
5. Elijah: He dared the authority of the king of Samaria and called down fire that consumed the enemies of God. – 2 Kings 1:1-18
6. Apostle Paul: Apostle Paul loved the Lord passionately above all else – Romans 8:35-39.
HOW To BECOME A HOLY PERSON
1. By fellowship with the Godhead – Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
One common nature of the Trinity is holiness, without fellowship or communion with members of the Godhead, it will be impossible to guarantee a life ofholiness – Ephesians 3:19.
2. By the word of God -(Ephesians 5:26-27):
If you want to live a holy life, spend much time to read, study, meditate on the word of God and practise the precepts.
3. By personal yieldedness:
Man has his part to play in outward manifestation of inward holiness. The Bible says:
- Yield your members as servant to righteousness unto holiness – Romans 6:19.
Oneprivilege God has given mankind is the ability to voluntarily choose a course of action between two alternatives. If we yield our members to God, living a life of holiness will be possible.
2. Cleanse yourself from the filthiness of the flesh and the spirit – 2 Corinthians 7:1.
3. Refuse to let sin have dominion over you or reign in your mortal body. Promptly purge and judge sin out of your life – Romans 6:12, 14.
4. By the blood of Jesus – Hebrews 13:12:
You need the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all unrighteousness – 1 John 1:9; Hebrews 9:14.
5. By chastisement by God as a means of correction:
Hebrews 12:6-11. Chastisement is referred to as corrective punishment or discipline for wrong doing inflicted by God to reform/refine us.
God has chastisement as one of the indications that we are true children of His and only those chastised by God have access to His covenant blessing-Job 36:10-11.
Becoming a holy person is very important, and we all know there’s no end to holiness as long as a person is still in existence.
Without holiness no one can see God, which pre-defines the main reason why all Christian needs to be holy.
No holy man can make it to heaven, and won’t hear the voice of the Lord during their time on Earth.
We have define and explained who and how become a holy person in this post.
1 thought on “Who is a Holy Person & How To Become A Holy Person”
I like the teaching