The University of New Mexico offers fellowships for undergraduate students who are US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents. This is available to students with a variety of degrees from the University of New Mexico.
The University of New Mexico offers scholarships as high as $5,000. The scholarships can be used to pay for tuition and a stipend while attending the university. To be eligible, students must meet the eligibility requirements outlined by the University of New Mexico.
- Organization: The University of New Mexico
- Department: Education
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: $2,500 up to $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic Students
- Eligible Countries: US Citizens, Nationals, and Permanent Residents
- Eligibility: Students can apply for undergraduate degrees offered at the University of New Mexico.
- The award can be taken in the USA
The Latin American & Iberian Institute at the University of New Mexico welcomes applications for Spring 2023 US Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. These fellowships are available to undergraduate students enrolled at the LAII-affiliated Center for Latin American and Border Studies and are intended to support language study or research in the area of Latin America, the Caribbean, or Iberia..
- US citizens, nationals, and permanent residents
- Full-time UNM undergraduates in any discipline may apply
- Students in the professional schools and STEM fields and those planning a career in US government service are highly encouraged to apply
- FLAS Fellowship recipients are required to complete at least 1 Latin American area studies (non-language) course and 1 Portuguese, Quechua, Nahuatl, or Yucatec Maya at UNM while holding the fellowship
- Undergraduate student recipients must be prepared to study one of the approved languages at the intermediate or advanced level.
- Students with or without financial need are encouraged to apply; however, among equally qualified students, preference will be given to those who can demonstrate financial need. As such, applicants should submit their FAFSA to UNM‡s Office of Financial Aid at the earliest date possible and fill out a Financial Need Analysis Request Form to have their financial need information shared with LAII
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the form at https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6zk7nooLJkgUHoW and submit your materials electronically. Your recommender should also email their letter of recommendation directly to LAII at email@example.com.