There are several truck driver jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorships that interested foreigners can apply for, provided they meet all of the hiring company’s requirements.
Truck driving jobs in Canada provides several benefits such as flexibility and are considered unskilled labor, which does not require a lot of process or education but does require some certificate, at least to some extent.
Now, if you want to get a truck driving job in Canada that will help you sponsor a visa, read through this post and apply!
Available Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorships
- Truck Driver
- AZ / DZ Russel Metals, a truck driver, works in a hazardous environment. They are looking for a motivated individual for the AZ / DZ Truck Driver position in our Kingston, ON branch. This full-time, permanent position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Please keep in mind that the work environment is safety-sensitive, and the successful applicant will be subjected to a pre-employment medical and drug test (including cannabis).
Rate of Demand for Truck Drivers
As a truck driver in Canada, you can expect a strong, stable, and long-term career. Truck driving is an excellent job; it is a noble profession in Canada, making it one of the most in-demand careers.
According to the Canadian government, there is a labour shortage in the truck driving industry.
There has been a trucker shortage since 2021, and employers are unable to fill positions quickly enough.
According to Trucking HR Canada, Canada will need to hire over 17,000 new truck drivers per year until 2025.
As a truck driver in Canada, you can be assured of job security, as the country’s demand for truck drivers in various provinces is increasing. Truck drivers in Canada are also well compensated. Companies frequently offer sign-on bonuses to new drivers.
Truck Driving Requirements in Canada
- Completing a three-month accredited driver training course through a vocational school or community college may be required.
- Straight-body truck drivers must have a Class 3 or D licence.
- Long combination vehicles require a Class 1 or A permit.
A foreigner migrating to Canada who wants to work as a truck driver must first obtain a work permit after securing a truck driving job with a sponsoring company.
Your truck driver work visa in Canada is obtained through the Temporary Foreign Worker Programme (TFWP). It enables people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents to work in Canada in positions where there is a labor shortage.
Truck Driving Jobs in High Demand
To name a few, you could work as a truck driver in any of the following positions:
- Truck driver for long distances
- Bulk goods truck driver
- Automobile carrier driver
- Construction cement truck driver
- Driver of a mobile cement mixer Escort- Transportation
- Driver of a petrol truck
- Driver of an oil truck
General Truck Driver Skills/Qualifications
- Communication Organisation Discipline
- Trustworthiness Navigation Capabilities
- Proper Driving Techniques
- Basic Mechanical Understanding
- Keep a clean driving record.
- Safety and caution should be prioritised.
Available Truck Driving Positions in Canada with Visa Sponsorships
Truck driver jobs in Canada are listed below for interested applicants to begin filling out the application form right away!
Russel Metals provides a competitive compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, an attractive profit-sharing plan, a comprehensive benefits package, a group Pension Plan, and a variety of incentive and recognition programs.
They are an organization dedicated to the principles of Employment Equity, which include maintaining a fair, equitable, and diverse workforce. Candidates who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
They are as follows:
1. Driver of a Truck
They are looking for a motivated individual for the Truck Driver/Warehouse position at Alberta Industrial Metals, Red Deer.
This full-time, permanent position reports to the Operations Manager directly. Transport oversized loads and perform warehouse duties with a semi-tractor and a 53-foot trailer. Hourly Rate: $27.18 per hour
Please keep in mind that the work environment is safety-sensitive, and the successful applicant will be subjected to a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation (including cannabis).
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed while performing job duties.
- Use overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Material is picked and packaged in accordance with customer specifications.
- Truck loading and unloading
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Conduct thorough and adequate inspections of the vehicles and cargo.
- Obey workplace policies and procedures (both operational and health and safety).
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of trucks and trailers on a daily basis.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Ministry of Transportation’s specifications.
- Strap and secure materials to ensure safe transportation.
- Use the vehicle safely and in accordance with local laws.
- Keep records/logs in accordance with Ministry of Transportation and Company policy.
Education and abilities Required:
- Air Class 1 is clean.
- 12th grade or equivalent
- Capable of working shifts and performing some heavy lifting
- Excellent maths and measurement skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
2. Russel Metals, an AZ / DZ truck driver, works in a high-risk environment. They are looking for a motivated individual to fill the AZ / DZ Truck Driver position at our Kingston, ON branch. This full-time, permanent position reports to the Operations Manager directly.
Please keep in mind that the work environment is safety sensitive, and the successful applicant will be subjected to a pre-employment medical and drug test (including cannabis).
- Perform duties in accordance with the Ministry of Transportation’s requirements.
- Conduct thorough and adequate inspections of vehicles and cargo.
- Strap and secure materials to ensure safe transport.
- Drive the car safely and in accordance with local laws.
- Maintain records/logs in accordance with Ministry of Transportation and Company policy.
- Use company-issued electronic and communication equipment professionally and respectfully.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and interaction with customers.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with customer requirements and deadlines.
- Inform the Transportation/Shipping department of any delivery delays or questions.
- Complete all tasks safely and in accordance with management’s instructions.
- Carry out all duties in a professional and respectful manner.
- Any other duties that management may assign
- Participate in all company-directed training.
Education and Competence Required:
- Drivers Abstract is required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Three years of clean, safe driving record
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Previous experience with a box trailer or slider kit is advantageous.
- Salary Schedule
- Starting Hourly Rate: $20.00/hr
- Upon successful completion of probation (3 months) – an increase of $2.50 per hour
- Upon completion of nine (9) months of service – an increase of $.30 per hour
- Upon completion of twelve (12) months of service – Full Rate in classification ($23.50/hr)
How to Apply
To apply, click on the link below and, once on the official website, use the search box to enter Truck driver jobs; once all available positions are displayed, fill out the application form for any that interests you and matches your skills.
Final Thoughts on Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
To summarise the above update on Truck Driver Jobs In Canada, it is clear that truck driving is a demanding but rewarding job with competitive pay and flexible working hours.