Housekeepers are workers whose job is to work a combination of light cleaning duties. A housekeeper can work in private homes or commercial establishments such as hospitals and hotels. Some of their job duties include making beds, vacuuming floors, completing laundry, replenishing linens, washing windows, etc. A housekeeper can also often be called a maid but Canada’s NOC codes refer to this position as a “housekeeper”.
Salary Average: $37,000 CAD average base salary
Requirements for a Housekeeper
There are no specific requirements for working as a housekeeper in Canada. To immigrate to Canada for work, you must typically have completed secondary or high school. It is critical to demonstrate your qualifications for this position by demonstrating your experience in home management and housekeeping. When applying for the position of Executive Housekeeper, you may be required to have a university degree in hospital management, hotel management, or business administration.
Options for Foreign Housekeepers Wanting to Immigrate to Canada
There are numerous ways to immigrate to Canada as a housekeeper due to the high demand for them at the moment. Here are a few of the most well-liked methods to do it.
Duties Of A Housekeeper In Canada
Here are some examples of the general responsibilities you will have as a housekeeper while working in the US:
- Make the house thoroughly clean.
- Running errands and organizing the home
- Notifying the home’s owner of any potential danger
- Cleaning the kitchen should include wiping down the counters, appliances, cabinets, and sinks.
- Stock up on more towels and toiletries.
- Cleans out trash containers
- Ensures that the hotel and the guest rooms are kept up and clean.
- Making beds and changing sheets
Benefits Of Finding Housekeeping Jobs In Canada With Sponsorship
Here, we’ll discuss the advantages of being sponsored for a visa to work as a housekeeper in Canada.
- Medical protection
- Extended medical care
- Paid time off
- Vision protection
- A flexible work environment
- Paid holidays that are closed and off-limits
- Education Support
- Pension Savings Scheme
- Free training for employees
- Wellness Programme for Staff
Requirements To Apply For Housekeeper Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In Canada
You must satisfy the following requirements, which are:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Fluency in English
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with department supervisors
- Team members and visitors
- Must adhere to any dress code restrictions
- Willing to learn and grow
- Able to multitask
- Exceptional client service and professionalism
- An understanding of typical